An Idaho Ghost Town that will be remembered.

WESTLAKE, IDAHO

Located on the old Cottonwood Trail between Grangeville and Lewiston, Idaho, Westlake enjoyed growth and prosperity in the late 1800's until it's decline in the 1920's. We study Westlake's demise through the eyes of William Clarence Lipps and his wife Cansada "Cannie" Laws, who lived in Idaho County for over 50 years.

Westlake, Idaho is shown above in the early 1900's. The building on the far left is the local church.

The links listed below will aid us in telling our families story. Learn how a modest man from Lexington, Kentucky raised a family of eight in North Central Idaho in the early 1900's.

IDAHO BASICS

MAPS OF WESTLAKE

WESTLAKE RESIDENTS 1920

THE U.S.A. IN 1904

W.C. LIPPS

Additional content will be added to this site in June of 2005. If you are from the Westlake, Idaho area and would like to share a photo or story, contact us at the email address listed below.

LIPPS GIRLS - Four of the W.C. Lipps daughters are shown above in 1912 in front of the families downtown Westlake Hotel. This photo is actually a "Penny Postcard". Westlake, Idaho was an overnight Stage Stop between Grangeville and Lewiston. Margaret (age 5), Verna (age 7), Iota (age 1) and Mary (age 8) set dinner tables at the hotel in this photo provided by Joann Ono, of Pasco, Washington. Son Clarence and daughter Donzelle would follow a few years later.

lance@myedl.com

Last Updated: December 20, 2005

VISITORS SINCE APRIL 27, 2004